Friday, October 22, 2010

AH... #FollowFriday

It is a weekly tradition that takes place on Twitter. Follow Friday. YAY! well kinda, not really.
Before I tell you what I like and dislike about #FollowFriday you might want to know what it is. I'm not quite sure how it came about but you can't miss it on Fridays.
#FollowFriday and it's shorter version #FF are used to suggest people you like and follow to your followers.

If you do this for #FF you're doing it wrong:
  • 1 Tweet 10 names in a #FF mention: It's so much better when you can choose one person and write a bit about why others should follow them. Following this logic only send out a few #FF mentions per week. It really brings up the value of your suggestions.
  • RT-ing (Retweeting) a list of #FF: please stop this habit it's just useless
  • RT-ing a #FF that mentions you: I know some people may be doing it to thank the person for tweeting it but... It may also annoy your followership.
Have I unfollowed any one because of the above listed offences? No. I still follow people who make these #FF blunders because I like them and followed them for a reason. I enjoy their tweets and may even know some of them IRL.

Here are some good tips for sending out your #FF love:
  • Only mention one tweep per #FF tweet: It's great to mention a few things about the person your suggesting that would make others want to follow them.
  • If you're going to send out #FF tweets don't send out 100000000 of them: It's always best to only send out a few suggestions per week. This will also increase the value of your suggestions.
#LetsMakeFollowFridayBetter
Maybe one day I'll have my own hashtag

No comments:

Post a Comment